Thursday 23 August 2012

The importance of a back-up: experienced edition.

I am going mad.
My mind is twisting itself into knots and tangles just because it is so confused as to why I would do such a stupid thing.
I am going mad.














Long strong short: I went to Malta to visit my parents during my summer off from school. With me there I packed an assortment of clothes, mostly things I did not end up wearing as I lived off my brother's attire. In my luggage, I also took with me several books to read, and my notebook, in which I  doodled the many ways my characters would handle situations, different plots, new character names, random journalings and wonderings.
However, I left it in one of the beach bags and forgot to re-pack it.
Anger. Blood clotting. Frustration running through my veins.
My entire life, I left behind.
THIS IS THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING A BACK-UP, PEOPLE.
Whether it be an extra copy of a file, or even a friend you agree to be with just in case you are alone at the age of forty (That one friends episode.)
Back-up is everything.
Now excuse me, as I fretfully urge my mother to skype-call me and read out everything I had written down.

Until next time,
-Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment